Corey T. Welchlin is a board certified orthopedic surgeon and sports medicine physician and is able to do sports physicals. A leader in the southern Minnesota and northern Iowa health care community, he is respected nationally among orthopedic surgeons. He performs the latest surgical orthopedic procedures practiced in teaching hospitals throughout the nation and is available at many of the local hospitals for trauma coverage and surgery.
Procedures such as, Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) reconstruction, meniscal repairs, rotator cuff repairs, spinal decompression, and total joint replacements are all performed by Dr. Welchlin at Center for Center for Specialty Care. These procedures are performed as out patient procedures, allowing our patients to return home to recover same day!
Dr. Welchlin created and oversees all aspects of the Center for Specialty Care’s medical practices and business operations. Dr. Welchlin, who was born in Fairmont and grew up in St. James, is passionate about providing the best orthopedic care to the residents and patients of his hometown and surrounding areas.
Besides spending quality time with his family, Dr. Welchlin enjoys piloting, golf and basketball and is an avid Timberwolves, Twins, and Vikings fan.
Arthroscopy – shoulder, knee, wrist, elbow and ankle
Hip Resurfacing (Birmingham)
Hemiarthoplasty Knee Replacement (Unicompartmental)(Oxford)
Autologous Cultured Chondrocytes Implantation (ACI)
Small Incision Surgery
Endoscopic Carpal Tunnel Release
Cervical and Lumbar Spine Surgeries
Arthroplasty – Joint replacement of knee-gender specific, hip, shoulder, reverse shoulder, ankle, wrist and hand
Foot and Ankle Surgeries and Reconstruction
Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon
Education and Training:
– Bachelor of Science, Gustavus Adolphus College, Saint Peter, MN
– Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine, Kirksville, MO
– Residency – Orthopedics, Flint Osteopathic Hospital, Flint, MI
– Des Moines University – Osteopathic Medical Center
– American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS)
– American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics (AOAO)
– American Osteopathic Association (AOA)
– American Osteopathic Board of Orthopedic Surgery (AOBOS)
– Minnesota Orthopedic Society (MOS)
– Minnesota Osteopathic Medical Society (MOMS)